The institute was rejuvenated in 2006 under the directorship of Mr Yala Yatu who has provided much direction and leadership. He developed a workable corporate plan that has guided him and his management team. Some of the effects of the plan were improvements of the training facilities, student and staff accommodations that had been rundown, recruitment of best qualified staff members through external recruitment and graduate development program, just to highlight a few of his achievements within three years of his contract term.
Some of the cases under the current administration are:
- Delay in the appointment of the PNGIPA Council Members and the substantive Director of the Institute for the stability and continuity of the institute's progression;
- Some of the experienced and qualified staff members have resigned;
- The Institute has possessed and disposed properties and assets such as motor vehicles without the approval of the council, contravening the PNGIPA Act;
- There was no 2009 graduation and certification of students due to no governing council;
- Terminated, suspended and retrenched staff members have been re-employed.