IN RECENT weeks, there have been many instances of party executives exercising or abusing various powers under their constitution and the Organic Law on Integrity of Political Parties and Candidates.
The Country Party wishes to state that it does no solicits K500 as membership fee nor does it have a Party Secretary named Paul Mamito. Further, Paul Mamito is not a financial member of PNG Country Party.
Should any person be interested in joining Country Party, it can contact the Party Leader, Hon. Jamie Maxtone-Graham or Secretary Wilson Ortegge.
For confirmation, the party officials are;
1. Party Leader - Hon. Jamie Maxtone - Graham, (72007799)
2. Deputy Leader - Hon. Jim Nomane, MP
3. President - Sir Sinake Giregire, CSM, CBE
4. Deputy President - Nelson Duwabare, (71254765)
5. Secretary General - Wilson Thompson, (71148524)
6. Treasure - Nigel Lai, (72827928)
The PNG Country Party regrets that persons are impersonating party officials. This should be discouraged and the general public is advised to verify facts with the office of the Registrar of Political Parties or with genuine party officials.
Finally PNG Country Party is against corruption, bribery and other means and will not commit to such tally of outsiders and will not entertain any such members or officiates.
Wilson Thompson Ortege, Secretary General
Nelson Duwabane, Deputy President